4, Notre-Dame East, suite 803
- A Note about Children.We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data”means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
If you are C using the Site and Services (“Clients”) to request professional services (“Services”):
- When you create an account to log in to our Site or Application (“Account”) as a Client, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, password, your photo, and credit card information.
- When you submit a request for Services on our Site or Application, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including but not limited to, the address where the services will be provided, date of service, your contact information and instructions for the Professional (defined below) who will be performing the Services.
- After the Services have been provided to you, we may ask for you to provide a rating for the Professional who provided the Services (“Rating”) and for any comments or feedback regarding the performance of the Services.
If you are a provider of Professional Services (“Professional”):
- When you create an Account as a Professional, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, license number or other administrative license number, where applicable, color of attire, type of phone owned, password, and bank account information.
- We may collect additional Personal Data in order to establish your profile on the Site or Application (“Profile”). The Personal Data we may collect as part of your Profile includes your photo, any text, messages or comments you submit, and any other information you choose to submit.
All users of the Site, Application and/or Services:
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either uninstall the Application(s) or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you create, send or store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Information Collected from You About Others.If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we may access your Address Book and we may import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. In this case, the e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and your phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies.We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from third party companies that may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Location Information.If you have enabled location services on your phone, we may collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
- Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use.In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- send you notifications via email, SMS and the Services to facilitate bookings for Services;
- establish an average rating for each provider;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
- User Testimonials and Feedback.We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such user feedback on the Site and/or Application from time to time. If we post your feedback, we will share it with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name and/or your home city along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Creation of Anonymous Data.We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Users.We will share your Personal Data with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services, including to facilitate the Services.
- Third Party Service Providers.We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Professional Profile.As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you provide to us when you register or update your Account, as well as the average Rating that we establish for you, becomes a part of your Profile. We use your Profile to match you to Client requests for Services, facilitate booking Services and generally provide you with the Services. You may view a dashboard which includes your Profile, but the Profile is not available to other users of the Site or the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may share certain information in your Profile with a Client after you are booked to provide Services for that Client.
- Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Cookies.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
- De-Linking SNS.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, where linking may be available, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data.You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Applications.You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Third Party Payment Processing.For online payments and/or payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/term.
- Governing Law. The present agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the province of Québec, Canada, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the province of Québec. Although the website can be accessed from other places in the world which may have different laws from those of Quebec, by using the Uppster website you are agreeing to the exclusive jurisdiction of the province of Quebec, district of Montreal, to the exclusion of any other jurisdiction. Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
- Disclaimer.It is agreed by the user that Uppster has no employment or servant relationship in regards to the Professional on the website. All Professional are independent contractor offering their service to Uppster’s Clients. By using this Website, you do hereby expressly agree to hold Uppster (including its employees, officers and administrators) harmless from any claim, work injuries at your business place, damage, or injury that may arise from use of this Website, save and except of the intentional or gross fault on the part of Uppster. ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN A PROFESSIONAL AND A CLIENT IS BETWEEN THOSE PARTIES ALONE. UPPSTER IS SIMPLY PROVIDING A PAID SERVICE TO CLIENTS AND UNPAID TO PROFESSIONAL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DISPUTE OF ANY NATURE THAT MIGHT ARISE BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
LAST UPDATE: January 1st, 2016